VHF Radio Training
The RYA Marine Radio Short Range Certificate (SRC) is the minimum qualification required to operate marine VHF radio equipment on a UK flagged vessel. This includes both fixed and handheld equipment with and without Digital Selective Calling (DSC).
Course topics include:
- The basic radio operation
- The correct frequencies (channels) to be used
- Distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- Making ship to shore telephone calls
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (GMDSS)
- Search and Rescue (SART)
The course will be taught and examined using radio simulators. The exam will also include a short written test.
Once the course has been successfully completed your license will be issued by the RYA
Further details of what this covers can be found HERE
Last updated 21:20 on 22 March 2021